Secret lives of wasps
Passion beyond the classroom
Let this work heal
BUTCH STEPS UP
Top Ten Seniors
- Honoring excellence7 faculty elected to Washington State Academy of SciencesElection to the Academy recognizes outstanding scientific and technical achievement.
- Fighting CancerStudy finds fatty acid that kills cancer cellsThe WSU discovery has many implications, including a step toward a potential cancer treatment.
- COVID-19 responseFall semester shifting to remote Cougar experienceWith the health and safety of our Cougar community foremost in our minds, all undergraduate and graduate courses across the WSU system, with very few exceptions, will be delivered at a distance and will be completed remotely this fall.
- Cougar communityOnline town hall for students this Wednesday, August 12Starting at 5:30 p.m., the hour-long interactive session will answer students’ questions about the fall 2020 semester.
- Social justiceGrants support artists responding to the Black Lives Matter movement20 Washington artists may each receive $2,500 from the new Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art WSU Black Lives Matter Artist Grant Program.
- Protecting graduates & familiesAugust 2020 Commencement canceled To safeguard the University community during the COVID-19 pandemic, WSU has canceled commencement ceremonies at all campuses statewide.
- Leading researchBracing for the next pandemic Molecular virologist Michael Letko studies coronaviruses that the world doesn’t know about yet.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- Aug. 24 First day of instruction for Fall term
- Aug. 24 Late registration begins, $25 fee
- Aug. 28 Last day to add a course online
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $406 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2018-19
- 76% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2018-19