People and Puppies
The audacity to dream
WSU COVID-19 research tackles pandemic
Preventing the next pandemic
- Health & wellnessFrequent travel could make you happier Dreaming of a post-pandemic trip? A new study shows that frequent travelers are happier with their lives than people who don’t travel at all.
- Politics & societySocial media use increases belief in COVID-19 misinformation The more people rely on social media as their main news source, the more likely they are to believe misinformation about the pandemic.
- Apply NowBecome a #FutureCougFall 2021 applications are now open. Learn how you can become a #FutureCoug today.
- Pandemic responseTown hall on Thurs., Jan. 28 for COVID-19 caregiversStarting at 11 a.m., the forum will provide practical, actionable information to help WSU employees and students who are caring for children and elders at home.
- Leading researchBiomarkers in fathers’ sperm linked to offspring autismThe discovery represents a major step toward identifying factors that promote autism spectrum disorder.
- Sustainable materialsNew composites can be recycled, solving the challenge of disposal Recyclable, carbon-fiber reinforced composites could replace non-recyclable versions in airplane wings, wind turbines, sporting goods, and more.
- Community dataWSU launches COVID-19 dashboardPositivity rates, active cases, and the 14-day positive case count are among metrics tracked and updated daily on the website.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- Jan. 27 Digital Flourishing: Strategies for fostering wellness in an era of remote work Online
- Jan. 27 Cougs chatting with Cougs: Managing expectations Online
- Jan. 27 WSU Visiting Writers Series reading with author Ryka Aoki Online
- Jan. 19 First day of instruction for undergraduate and graduate students
- Jan. 25 Last day to add a course online
- Jan. 26 Last day to enroll without a $100 late registration fee
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $406 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2018-19
- 76% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2018-19