Pine tree chemical factory
Cougs feeding Cougs
A hero’s return
Between two worlds
- Yes, it’s possibleMaking higher education affordable and achievableThey may be rivals on the field, but Washington State University and the University of Washington are teaming up on a campaign to remind Washingtonians that higher education is affordable and achievable.
- Improving human healthWSU Spokane to establish Steve Gleason Institute for NeuroscienceThe partnership will focus on innovative care and cures for brain diseases, including Parkinson’s and ALS, that affect millions of Americans.
- World-class educationThree online programs ranked among the nation’s bestThe U.S. News & World Report rankings include WSU’s online MBA program, the Global Campus, and the online master’s program in engineering and technology management among the top online programs available.
- National honorStudent wins national engineering intern awardGraduate student Mathew Hunt was named student intern of the year by the American Society of Engineering’s Cooperative and Experiential Education Division.
- Advancing digital intelligenceScientist recognized as AI pioneer by Connected World magazineManoj Karkee and his team solve challenges in agriculture using robotics, automation, and smart technology.
- Smart-home technologyWSU smart home tests first elder care robotScientists have created a robot that could help the elderly with dementia and other limitations live independently in their own homes.
- Boosting the health of plantsPlant immune response blueprint found; disease resistance targetedThe discovery paves the way to potential breakthroughs in breeding resistance to diseases or pests.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- Jan. 23 Lecture: “Wellness and Coping Strategies,” Ross Szabo Pullman
- Jan. 24 Reception and performance with artist Michael Schultheis Pullman
- Jan. 25 Women’s basketball vs. Oregon Pullman
- Jan. 25 Faculty Artist Series: Cantiamo! presents “Nature in Song” Pullman
- Jan. 25 & 28 WSU Planetarium: “Skies of 2019” Pullman
- Jan. 27 Women’s basketball vs. Oregon State Pullman
- January 25 Last day to change class from letter grade to pass/fail
- February 5 Deadline for dropping a course without record
- February 18 President’s Day (classes not held; university offices open)
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $390 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2017-18
- 82% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2017-18