Working to improve lives and communities
Meet the 2021 Top Ten Seniors
More than just numbers
A 3D Printing Journey
A big idea for small moon dust
- Sustainable resourcesNew technology converts waste plastics to jet fuel in an hour The innovation makes it easier and more cost effective to reuse plastics.
- Research breakthroughFighting mites that kill honey beesA new fungus strain could provide a chemical-free method for eradicating Varroa destructor mites, which play a large role in the collapse of bee colonies.
- Safeguarding healthVaccine requirements in Fall 2021 for students and employees WSU will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for the 2021-22 academic year for all students and intends to extend requirement to all employees engaging in activities at a WSU campus or location.
- New policyWSU discontinues mask mandate for those who are fully vaccinatedWSU employees, students and visitors who provide proof of full vaccination may forgo face masks and social distancing at all University locations.
- Health & medicineNew hope for heart attack victims Researchers have identified a protein that could be the key to improving treatment outcomes after a heart attack.
- Promoting equityFocus on criminal justice reform The WSU Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology makes issues of racism and police violence top priorities in its research, teaching, and service.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- May 7–Aug. 7 Art & Healing: Works by Jim Dine and Corita Kent Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art
- June 15Professionalism: Making a Great Impression (webinar) Online
- June 15Radical Empathy: Finding a Path to Bridging Racial Divides (webinar) Online
- July 5 Independence Day holiday
- July 30 End of summer term
- Aug. 23 First day of instruction for fall semester
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $406 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2018-19
- 76% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2018-19