The door is open
The long journey of WSU’s youngest, newest regent
Hazy days of summer
A rare path for Pat Chun
Communities for the golden age
- New deanNew CAS dean blends humanities, arts, sciencesLeading literary scholar and data scientist Matthew Jockers, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences since August 1, brings more than 20 years of experience as a successful educator, administrator, scholar, entrepreneur, and tech industry insider. His collaborations span disciplines from bioinformatics and history to engineering, political science, physics, and more.
- Solving global challengesWSU, Australian scientists partner to form Joint Center for Ag RoboticsThe partnership joins WSU scientists’ expertise in innovative automation solutions with leading research in robotics at the University of Technology Sydney’s (UTS) Centre for Autonomous Systems.
- Improving human health$2.2 million gift creates School of Molecular Biosciences graduate fellowshipsThe fellowship will be awarded to graduate students who are focused on health research.
- Clean energy technology$2M DOE grant supports efforts to improve hydrogen fuel efficiencyWSU researchers will work with Plug Power Inc., a leading hydrogen fuel cell system manufacturer.
- Protecting the food supplyFungus provides powerful medicine in fighting honeybee virusesA mushroom extract fed to honeybees greatly reduces virus levels, according to research conducted by WSU scientists, the USDA, and a private company.
- World-class academicsInternational business program ranked in top 15 nationallyThe ranking by U.S. News & World Report continues WSU’s tradition of excellence in international business of more than 25 years.
- Improving human healthResearch shows single dose of cocaine irreversibly alters brainThe finding could lead to the development of new medications to combat addiction.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- November 5 Priority registration for spring semester begins
- November 12 Veterans Day
- November 16 Deadline for undergrad and professional students to withdraw from a course
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $390 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2017-18
- 82% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2017-18