A vision for durability
How she’s spending her summer
True to life
WSU welcomes new provost Mitzi Montoya
Top Ten Seniors
Research in the trees, feet on the ground
- Yes, it’s possibleMaking higher education affordable and achievableThey may be rivals on the field, but Washington State University and the University of Washington are teaming up on a campaign to remind Washingtonians that higher education is affordable and achievable.
- Protecting endangered speciesWSU Vancouver statistician to help international whale conservation effortLeslie New will spend three years on the Western Gray Whale Advisory Panel, an independent scientific advisory body to the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- Transforming livesAward-winning Extension leader helps rural families, women, and communities thriveExtension leader and educator Margaret Viebrock will receive a national award for her nearly 50 years of service to Chelan and Douglas counties.
- Prestigious awardGlobal animal health professor 1 of 11 to win Burroughs Wellcome Fund awardThe $500,000 award supports outstanding mid-career scientists who are studying infectious diseases.
- Boosting wine tourismOrganic vineyards and natural winemaking present new marketing opportunitiesA WSU Tri-Cities-led study indicates marketing around the popular wine buzzword terroir attracts tourists.
- Bees as seedsFirst Fulbright-Nat Geo Storyteller award takes bee researcher to SpainGraduate student Melanie Margarita Kirby will compare the mating habits of hybridized honey bees in the U.S. to endemic ones that live on the Iberian Peninsula.
- Engineering innovationResearchers develop new lens manufacturing techniqueWSU and Ohio State University researchers have developed a low-cost, easy way to make custom lenses for everything from cameras to virtually all robotics.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- July 4 Independence Day holiday
- July 26 Summer session ends
- August 19 First day of fall semester classes
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $390 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2017-18
- 82% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2017-18