Research in the trees, feet on the ground
A pioneer in sustainability
The world awaits
Curating Community and Conversation
Targeting brain diseases
- Yes, it’s possibleMaking higher education affordable and achievableThey may be rivals on the field, but Washington State University and the University of Washington are teaming up on a campaign to remind Washingtonians that higher education is affordable and achievable.
- Serving the public goodMay 7 symposium to explore WSU’s land-grant futureAuthor Stephen Gavazzi will lead dialogues focused on ways the University can evolve to meet the state’s future needs. Register to attend by April 30.
- Academic role modelsResearchers receive National Science Foundation Early Career awardsArda Gozen, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, and Jana Doppa, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, each received five-year awards to support their research.
- Improving healthSpecial journal highlights shift work science, solutionsThe collection of papers examines some of the health issues related to shift work and non-standard work schedules.
- Sustainable energyWSU Everett wind energy team earns DOE grantThe team of WSU Everett and Everett Community College students will compete in the Collegiate Wind Competition in 2020.
- Healing grainScientists develop wheat that fights celiac diseaseThe new, genetically distinct variety of wheat opens the door for new treatments and healing potential for the staple grain.
- Transformative experienceStudent from migrant family lands prestigious congressional internshipFreshman Stephany Lamas will spend the summer advocating for migrant farmworkers in Washington, D.C., where she will work closely with Ohio Congressman Anthony Gonzalez and his staff.
LAND-GRANT SYMPOSIUM WITH STEPHEN GAVAZZI • MAY 7
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- April 29 Final exams begin
- May 3 Final exams end
- May 6 First day of summer session classes
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $390 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2017-18
- 82% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2017-18