Samantha King-Shaw

Academics

• College of Arts and Sciences
  • Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies
  • WSU Pullman
  • Sparks, Nevada

Involvement

Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field athlete; Women’s Cross Country Team Representative for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee; Social Justice Peer Educator for the Office of Outreach & Education; Secretary-Treasurer for the Queer Intersections Association; Outreach and Events Coordinator for PERIOD @ WSU

Favorite WSU experience

During my freshman year, we hosted the Track and Field dual meet against UW and we won. Just being part of my team, who I miss so much, and celebrating a win we pulled off against the Huskies. It was awesome.

Another memory was the Take Back the Night march during the last fully normal semester at WSU in October 2019. I was there with my fellow Queer Intersections Association members and the larger umbrella of the Coalition for Women Students. It was a nice evening of solidarity and community-oriented interactions.

Future plans

I will be starting graduate school in the fall at the University of Buffalo. I’ll be pursuing a PhD in Global Gender Studies. One day, I want to be able to teach or be a professor.