Zachary Harper

Campus Involvement

• Carson College of Business
  • Business, Global Leadership Certificate
  • Richland, Washington

Involvement

President, vice president and director of finance with the Associated Students of WSU Tri-Cities; Rising Star Award; President’s Award for Leadership; President’s Civic Leadership Award; the Rock Award; Crimson Fest Core Committee; Chancellor’s Leadership Council; Student Government Council; Student Union Governance Board; member of many other committees and boards; published in the HRExaminer; global talent acquisition intern for PVH Corp.; career and college mentor with the Family Learning Center

Favorite WSU experience

The one that comes to mind first is, on Cougs Give Day in 2019, I got to ride in the golf cart with our chancellor, Sandra Haynes, picking students up and driving them where they had to go. It was something fun we got to do together while meeting new people and talking about raising money. It was a huge campus-wide event, we did stuff like the spicy ramen challenge, pies in the face, popping mystery balloons over people’s heads when we got to certain milestones. I got a pie in the face and I smelled like milk all day. Doing those college activities all in good fun to raise money for a good cause, that was my favorite day.

I was also on the design committee and governance board for the new student union building at Tri-Cities. It was the beginning of a new era, and I got to be part of the team that gives students a new place to hang out. I was ASWSUTC president when we opened the building. It’s incredible to see this new life come into campus, and I can’t wait to see what student life looks like in a couple years.

Future plans

I’d like to work in fashion again, since I interned with PVH Corp., a clothing company that owns Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger. I’m also applying to graduate school. I had a job lined up with a recruiting company, but then the COVID-19 outbreak happened, and the job fell through. It’s the first time in my life I don’t have a plan. I’m taking it one day at a time.