Denzel McCray

Denzel McCray
Denzel McCray

Community Service

• College of Arts and Sciences
  • Psychology, General Studies with focus on medical science
  • Clarksville, Tennessee

Involvement

Served as patient registration representative at Pullman Regional Hospital, volunteered in the emergency department at Gritman Medical Center, member of Men for Social Change, research assistant in the Affective and Cognitive Influences on Decisions Lab. Denzel is also a member of the Army Reserves, served as a combat medic, and will soon be promoted to the rank of sergeant

Favorite WSU experience

One of my favorite experiences was working at University Recreation where I met a lot of different students from different backgrounds—and made a lot of friends.

I’m also grateful for the chance to be involved in psychology research on decision making and framing. I presented a poster at SURCA undergraduate research expo and have discovered that it’s fun to be a scientist.

Another great experience was when I got the opportunity to work as a medic on a Native American reservation in Montana. I was lucky to have that experience as it showed me that the medical field is where I want to be.

Future plans

I’m applying to several medical schools including WSU’s Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine. I hope to go into clinical research as well as medical practice specializing in psychiatry or cardiology.