Celena Hansen

Celena Hansen
Celena Hansen

Visual and Performing Arts

• College of Arts and Sciences
  • Music (vocal performance), Anthropology
  • Global Studies
  • Hollywood, Maryland

Involvement

Performed in Italian, French, German, Spanish and English, placed in the highly competitive senior women’s division at the Inland Empire National Association of Teachers of Signing auditions, lead roles in many productions within the School of Music, president of WSU Concert Choir, officer in the student chapter of National Association of Teaching of Singing, volunteered at the annual Choral Festival and Music Major for a Day events, worked as a stage technician on various productions

Favorite WSU experience

My favorite WSU experience was when the School of Music put on “The Addams Family.” I was fortunate enough to play Grandma Addams, which is an outrageous character. She was so much fun to play and I was able to be as ridiculous as I wanted. After the show, people came up to me and told me they were shocked when they saw in the program that I was Grandma Addams because it was such a stark difference from me as a person.

Future plans

I’m moving to the D.C. area to continue performing. My plan is to continue working in theaters as either a stage hand or a production assistant while I audition and work on honing my singing and dancing skills.