Alyssa Norris

Alyssa Norris
Alyssa Norris

Campus Involvement

• Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture, Honors College
  • Civil Engineering
  • North Pole, Alaska

Involvement

Student representative on the WSU Board of Regents, president of Society of Women Engineers, several leadership roles within ASWSU, ambassador for the WSU Honors College, radio host for the Crimson Report on KZUU, participated in Leadership WSU, recipient of a US-UK Fulbright Commission award and studied at the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom

Favorite WSU experience

My favorite experiences at WSU have revolved around working with passionate individuals to accomplish a goal. One of my best experiences was serving as the Society of Women Engineers president last year and working with fellow students to put on Kids Science and Engineering Day for the community.

Another favorite experience was working to increase mental health awareness and sexual assault prevention on campus. This year, seeing the ASWSU Cougar Health Fund Endowment come to fruition and raise over $50,000 for programming and events to help educate and engage the WSU community has been one of my favorite experiences.

Future plans

I recently accepted a job with LONG Building Technologies in Fairbanks, Alaska, and will work primarily on improving energy efficiency and air quality for commercial and public properties. My long-term goals are to improve air quality in rural parts of the United States, primarily in Alaska.