Victoria-Pearl Young

Campus Involvement

• College of Arts and Sciences, Honors College
  • Major: Comparative Ethnic Studies
  • Certificates: Honors College certificate, WSU Global Leadership certificate
  • Pullman, WA

Involvement

Student facilitator for Honors College leadership program, Director of Diversity Affairs and Director of Student Life for ASWSU, team leader for Coug Day at the Capitol, Sigma Kappa resident advisor, Black Student Union, Panhellenic Council “Greek of the Year,” winner of the Critical Culture, Gender, and Race Studies’ Outstanding Senior award

Favorite WSU experience

I’ve loved taking courses that were consistently smaller, allowing me to build strong relationships with my peers and professors. Additionally, all of my courses have mainly been discussion-based, which has allowed me to listen to other perspectives and participate in controversial conversations with civility.

Getting involved was the best decision I’ve made here at WSU. Whether it was Greek life, student government, leadership development, or interacting with my multicultural community, my involvement has allowed me to become a well-rounded and global student. It pushed the boundaries of my personal development while allowing me to fight for social justice through intersectional activism.

Future plans

My husband and I are moving back to Houston to give birth to our son, Quanah. I plan on pursuing my M.A in Student Development Administration and a Ph.D. in Public Policy. I also plan on running for Congress within the next six years!