Susie White

Athletics

• College of Education
  • Education with endorsement in Special Education
  • Highlands Ranch, CO

Involvement

WSU women’s soccer, two-time team captain, three NCAA tournaments, named to WSU Athletics All-Academic Team five times, three Pac-12 All-Academic First Team awards, twice named to the Inland Northwest Soccer News Best of the Inland Northwest XI, WSU Reading Buddies, WSU Coug Pals, WSU Senior Buddies

Favorite WSU experience

My favorite academic experience was taking children’s literacy classes. I’m not a strong reader, so the courses were challenging but also very rewarding. I read quality children’s books, developed an appreciation for them, and then created my own book. I will never again underestimate the value of a good book, especially for kids at an early age.

Being a student athlete is a privilege that comes with great responsibility in representing the university. I was honored to live and learn alongside other students, faculty, and staff contributing to the success of WSU. I’ve met countless people here who care about our community and making a difference in our world. I will remember those Cougs long after I graduate!

Future plans

I’m planning to teach English abroad—I’m leaning toward Thailand, but I’m also considering parts of Europe, Africa, and South America—and then eventually teaching at an elementary school in Colorado. I wouldn’t be opposed to coaching soccer down the road also!