Kevin Schilling

Community Service

• College of Arts and Sciences
  • History
  • Highline, WA

Involvement

Thomas S. Foley Institute of Public Policy and Public Service intern, volunteer with Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse, Advisory Board Member of Grassroots Education Nepal, ASWSU senator, KZUU student radio host

Favorite WSU experience

As soon as I transferred to WSU, I knew I wanted to get involved with public service. I ran for ASWSU Senate and won a seat representing the College of Arts and Sciences for the 2016-2017 term. I could not think of a better group of individuals I would rather spend time with. In the office, we challenge each other to think deeper and harder, constantly pushing one another toward greater accomplishments.

One of my proudest collaborations was when Senator Josue Zuniga and I wrote a resolution calling for the student body and administration to protect undocumented students on campus. It was the first time ASWSU Senate had a large contingent of students show up for public testimony. That day, we made a difference.

Future plans

I plan to study for an M.A. degree in international history at Columbia University, followed by a year at the London School of Economics for a M.S. in international history. I hope to eventually earn my Ph.D. in England and begin a career of public service in the United States.