Angela Rocchi

Academics

• College of Veterinary Medicine, Honors College
  • Major: Neuroscience
  • Minors: Biology, Chemistry
  • Certificates: Mathematics Honors certificate
  • Elk, WA

Involvement

Research intern in a University of Cambridge neuroscience lab, summer research intern at the Allen Institute for Brain Science, lead author or co-author on at least six neuroscience publications, recipient of two Barry M. Goldwater Honorable Mentions for Undergraduate Achievement in STEM Research, UREC group fitness instructor

Favorite WSU experience

Attending WSU was the best decision I ever made. Thanks to WSU I have been published in scientific journals, won national awards, presented in professional conferences, and worked for a wide range of leading laboratories, including M3 Biotechnology (Pullman), the Allen Institute (Seattle), and even the University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England).

Beyond the opportunities WSU provided, I met the love of my life in Pullman, made lifelong friends, and became a part of the worldwide crimson and gray community. It is incredible how much WSU improved my life in only four years. Of all my achievements as an undergraduate, I feel the most pride in saying “I am a Coug!”

Future plans

I hope to pursue an MD/Ph.D. at the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine at WSU Spokane.