Dear WSU Students,
Recognizing that COVID‑19 has upended all our lives, and that some students face challenges that could impact their grades, WSU has developed an emergency adjustment to grading deadlines and policies for undergraduate students in the spring 2020 term. Most students will have the option for pass/fail grades in a wider variety of courses.
- The deadline for choosing a Pass/Fail grade on a course‑by‑course basis has been extended to June 1.
- The P/F option may also be used for UCORE and Honors courses this semester.
- P grades may satisfy major requirements in many departments—check with the department.
FOR ADDITIONAL FLEXIBILITY:
- The number of allowed course withdrawals (W) is being increased from 4 to 6.
- The deadline for withdrawing is extended to May 1.
The choice of a P/F grade is left to you, and you can choose which course or courses you want for this option, subject to your department’s policies. A Pass grade gives you credits, but does not contribute to your GPA. It is very important that you weigh whether P/F and W options may affect your financial aid or scholarships. Each college or department is deciding whether P/F grades are appropriate to its major and career requirements. Your academic advisor can guide you.
- Academic advisors are available by phone, email and Zoom to help with your decisions.
- Financial aid counselors can assist with financial aid questions. Schedule a virtual appointment.
- Information and request forms on the P/F option can be found online.
Other grading options are being investigated. We’re moving as fast as we can while making sure there’s no impact to students’ financial aid packages and satisfactory academic progress. We’ll keep you informed regarding any other grading changes.
Provost and Executive Vice President
Vice Provost for Academic Engagement and Student Achievement