Washington State University custodial staff will use COVID-19 sanitation guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Washington State Department of Health (DOH) for routine cleaning including common touch surfaces. Please note that increased cleaning in high use locations will result in service reductions or suspensions in low traffic locations, such as private offices.
Members of the WSU community can assist in this effort by following basic hygiene procedures:
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then immediately throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. It’s especially important to do so after using the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water aren’t readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
The Washington State DOH provides guidance to prevent illness at school.
Environmental Health and Safety is also recommending students living in university housing review the CDC’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations.