What you need to know now
- A return to work guide is available from HRS to aid departments as they begin planning for the eventual return of faculty and staff to their physical workplaces.
- All WSU staff and faculty must complete the Safe Return to Work training. via the WSU Online Learning system, before returning to WSU physical work locations.
- Departments seeking to bring employees back to on-site work locations must complete the Return to Work checklist.
- Employees will be advised well in advance of when they’re expected back at their on-site workplaces as WSU facilities reopen.
- Student employees should check with their supervisors before reporting to a work location and about specific precautions.
Returning to work
- Require daily symptom self-attestation by WSU employees returning to physical work locations. All employees must complete the COVID-19 attestation in myWSU prior to arriving to a WSU work location. Employees include faculty, staff and temporary hourly and student hourly employees. If a student hourly employee does not have an attestation tile on their myWSU homepage, they should contact the Cougar Help Desk.
- Require face coverings be worn by all employees working at any WSU work location when in the presence of others and in public settings.
- Require completion of the Safe Return to Work training via the WSU Online Learning system before employees return to WSU work locations.
- Offer alternative staffing options that departments can consider to maintain physical distancing and reduce population density within work spaces.
- Encourage teleworking or working at an alternative work location as the preferred work option, if possible.
Connect to Resources
HRS Return to Work Guide
HRS Leave and Work FAQs
Safe Return to Work training
Employee COVID-19 Attestation