Let this work heal
BUTCH STEPS UP
Top Ten Seniors
Leading the way
ON THE FRONT LINE
- COVID-19 responseNext COVID-19 online town hall on Friday, July 17 Five WSU leaders will address the community during the hour-long virtual meeting, starting at 11 a.m.
- Protecting graduates & familiesAugust 2020 Commencement canceled To safeguard the University community during the COVID-19 pandemic, WSU has canceled commencement ceremonies at all campuses statewide.
- Pandemic relief$500,000 in aid supports students in need Faced with financial woes amidst the pandemic, nearly 800 low-income students received $200 to $1,000 awards to help with spring semester expenses.
- Leading researchStudy finds fatty acid that kills cancer cells The discovery has many implications, including a step toward a potential treatment for cancer.
- Understanding virusesBat research critical to preventing next pandemicA WSU scholar calls for more research into bats’ molecular biology and their ecology to help predict, and hopefully prevent, the next viral outbreak.
- Public health University to begin human testing for COVID-19As part of an effort to increase the state’s testing capacity, a WSU lab will process as many as 2,000 tests per day, analyzing samples collected at sites in eastern Washington.
- Healthy agingKey to longevityWashingtonians who live in highly walkable, mixed-age communities may be more likely to live to their 100th birthday.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- July 31 End of summer term
- Aug. 4 Final grade submission ends
- Aug. 24 First day of instruction for Fall term
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $390 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2017-18
- 82% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2017-18