True to life
WSU welcomes new provost Mitzi Montoya
Top Ten Seniors
Research in the trees, feet on the ground
A pioneer in sustainability
- Yes, it’s possibleMaking higher education affordable and achievableThey may be rivals on the field, but Washington State University and the University of Washington are teaming up on a campaign to remind Washingtonians that higher education is affordable and achievable.
- Protecting endangered speciesWSU Vancouver statistician to help international whale conservation effortLeslie New will spend three years on the Western Gray Whale Advisory Panel, an independent scientific advisory body to the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- Academic role modelsResearchers receive National Science Foundation Early Career awardsArda Gozen, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, and Jana Doppa, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, each received five-year awards to support their research.
- Spring commencement5,500+ set to graduate this monthSystem-wide commencement ceremonies are scheduled May 2, 3, 4, and 11. More than 4,700 will earn undergraduate degrees and nearly 800 will graduate with master’s or doctoral degrees.
- Sustainable energyWSU Everett wind energy team earns DOE grantThe team of WSU Everett and Everett Community College students will compete in the Collegiate Wind Competition in 2020.
- Healing grainScientists develop wheat that fights celiac diseaseThe new, genetically distinct variety of wheat opens the door for new treatments and healing potential for the staple grain.
- Transformative experienceStudent from migrant family lands prestigious congressional internshipFreshman Stephany Lamas will spend the summer advocating for migrant farmworkers in Washington, D.C., where she will work closely with Ohio Congressman Anthony Gonzalez and his staff.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- May 6 First day of summer session classes
- May 27 Memorial Day holiday
- June 3 8-week summer session begins
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $390 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2017-18
- 82% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2017-18