Let this work heal
BUTCH STEPS UP
Top Ten Seniors
Leading the way
ON THE FRONT LINE
- COVID-19 responseAugust 2020 Commencement canceled to protect health of graduates, families To safeguard the University community during the COVID-19 pandemic, WSU has canceled commencement ceremonies at all campuses statewide.
- Fostering inclusionAdvocating for the LGBTQ+ community A staff member in the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine, Bucky McKenzie helps future doctors to be gender, trans, and diversity inclusive.
- Connecting communitiesExpanding the reach of the Internet An effort to reveal gaps in broadband availability may result in improved Internet access for residents of rural, Tribal, and underserved areas.
- Justice for allUniversity leaders respond to recent national tragedies Denouncing racial violence and the ugliness of historic, systemic inequality, President Schulz and the executive leadership team pledge to confront racial and social injustice.
- Healthy agingKey to longevityWashingtonians who live in highly walkable, mixed-age communities may be more likely to live to their 100th birthday.
- Leading research How does Coronavirus survive in the environment?Researchers hope to determine whether the virus can remain viable in soil and stormwater—and trigger new outbreaks.
- Engineering technologyNew possibilities in 3D printing A new approach could allow manufacturers to closely approximate both the design and performance of complex natural materials.
Majors & minors
Explore 200+ programs
Discover hands-on learning opportunities in every major. Enjoy courses taught by renowned professors. Get involved in fieldwork, laboratory research, creative projects, study-abroad programs, and more.
Explore your options and create the college experience that’s right for you.
Explore other WSU locations
WSU Health Sciences Spokane
- July 2 10x Genomics virtual seminar Online
- July 8 Show Up + Show Out: Communication habits to make you unforgettable Online
- July 14 Cougar Career Academy: Mindset shifts in crisis Online
- July 3 Independence Day holiday
- July 31 End of summer term
- Aug. 4 Final grade submission ends
We’ll help you
Scholarships and financial aid
Tuition and fees
- $390 millionin scholarships, grants, work study, and loans offered in 2017-18
- 82% of WSUundergraduates received some form of financial aid in 2017-18